2015 was a TERRIBLE year for me so, I think for the first time ever, I made New Year resolutions going in to 2016 and I did pretty well. I managed to tick all of them off bar one. And to be fair, that one was “Get Tattoo” which I majorly chickened out of. Not bad though…
So, resolutions were made on the 31st December 2015 and I had:
- Painted the living room by the end of January
- Quit my job by the end of the first week in February
- Actually left the country a week later to spend a few months skiing and working in the French Alps in Meribel
- And, last but certainly not least, seen three species of Penguin by the end of 2016. The Galapagos Penguin, the Humboldt Penguin and the Magellanic Penguin.
Aren’t penguins the best?!
Now, going into 2017 I wasn’t sure about making the same kind of list. Maybe it worked so well since it was a one-off. So, I have instead made a bucket list for this year which I’m hoping is achievable (but if it doesn’t happen I’ll just save those places/ things for another year). Last year my resolutions made me feel great and purposeful so I’m not going to let any resolutions get me down!
So, in no particular order, some of my life goals for 2017:
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Learn passable French
- Go to Rick’s Bar from the movie Casablanca
- Walk the West Highland Way in Scotland
- Paint the kitchen (gotta have some follow through from 2016)
- Learn how to knit something other than a scarf
If you have any good resolutions for the year 2017 let me know what they are! May your year be full of happiness and new adventures!